* Scuffles occurred in the evening after an injured person was taken out of the main terminal by medics
* Hong Kong airport authority suspended all departure check-ins again today due to a new protest
* The hub had re-opened hour earlier from a shutdown though hundreds of flights remain cancelled
* Thousands of activists descended on the terminal building yesterday in unprecedented scenes
* Pro-democracy demonstrators have rallied in the arrival hall for five days in a row to call for reforms
* The city’s flag carrier Cathay Pacific has suspended a second pilot in apparent relation to the protests
* Beijing-backed leader Carrie Lam today warned violence was creating ‘worrying, dangerous situation’
* China also made ominous declarations suggesting there could be a brutal response to the ongoing unrest
* President Trump said Hong Kong situation was ‘tricky’ but hoped it worked out without people being killed
Riot police clashed with pro-democracy protesters at Hong Kong’s airport late Tuesday night, moving into the terminal where the demonstrators had shut down operations at the busy transport hub for two straight days.
Officers armed with pepper spray and swinging batons confronted the protesters who used luggage carts to barricade entrances to the airport terminal, as state media denounced the demonstrators as ‘mobsters’ and raised the possibility of mainland security forces coming in to crush the protesters.
Amid chaotic scene police took several people into a police van waiting at the entrance to the airport’s arrivals hall and furious protesters at the airport tied up a man with cable ties and beat him after they accused of being an undercover agent.
Read more ….
Police and protesters clash at Hong Kong airport: Live Updates — CNN
Riot police clash with protesters at Hong Kong airport — AP
Clashes at Hong Kong airport after flights halted — Reuters
Protests trigger second day of chaos at Hong Kong airport — France 24
Hong Kong protests cripple airport for second day — BBC
Hong Kong riot police clash with airport protesters — The Guardian
Hong Kong police clash with protesters at airport — DW
Riot police storm Hong Kong airport as protesters force second day of cancellations — ABC News
Hong Kong flights cancelled again as Carrie Lam warns protests are pushing city ‘into the abyss’ — ABC News Online
Clashes erupt at Hong Kong airport as flights disrupted — Al Jazeera
Court issues injunction order to remove protesters from Hong Kong airport terminal after they clash with riot police — SCMP
Hong Kong airport protest leaves Australians among thousands trapped in transit — ABC News Online