WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has lifted a “hold” on security aid for Lebanon, a congressional aide said on Monday, more than a month after it began withholding the money.
As first reported by Reuters, the U.S. State Department told Congress on Oct. 31 that the White House budget office and National Security Council had decided to withhold $105 million in foreign military assistance, without providing any explanation of why it was blocked.
The congressional aide said on Monday the administration had still provided no explanation for the decision to withhold the money, which had been approved by Congress and the State Department.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: I am not sure that this is a good decision. The chaos and mayhem in Lebanon continues …. Syrian Pound at New Low as Crisis Roils Neighboring Lebanon (Naharnet).
Trump administration quietly releases Lebanon military aid — AP
US ends freeze on $100 million in Lebanon aid — AFP
Trump administration releases $105M in military aid for Lebanon after months-long delay — The Hill