JP Morgan Study Claims Lockdown Measures Have Resulted In Economic Devastation And Could Have Also Resulted In More COVID-19 Deaths

All 50 states have at least partially reopened this week by relaxing restrictions on businesses and social distancing in varying degrees across the country

Daily Mail: Many US states have seen LOWER infection rates after ending lockdowns that are are now destroying millions of livelihoods worldwide, JP Morgan study claims

* A JP Morgan study suggests lockdown measures have not only resulted in economic devastation but could have also resulted in more COVID-19 deaths
* Strict stay-at-home orders put in place in most states to stop the spread two months ago has so far seen nearly 39 million American lose their jobs
* There are now more than 1.6 million infections in the US and over 95,000 deaths
* The JP Morgan report says that restarting the US economy may not lead to a second surge in infections that health experts have feared
* Report says infection rates have been falling seen since lockdown measures were lifted in parts of the country
* Alabama, Wisconsin and Colorado are among those that saw lower infection rates (R rates) after lockdown measures were lifted, according to the report
* The R rate is the average number of people who will become infected by one person with the virus

Coronavirus lockdowns have ‘destroyed millions of livelihoods’ but failed to alter the course of the pandemic given many US states have seen lower infection rates after easing restrictions, a JP Morgan study has claimed.

The statistical analysis has raised questions about the effectiveness of the lockdowns put in place across much of the United States two months ago to stop the spread of COVID-19.

It suggests that the lockdown measures have not only resulted in economic devastation but could have also resulted in more COVID-19 deaths.

The strict stay-at-home measures put in place by the governors of most states in mid-March has so far seen nearly 39 million American lose their jobs and forced businesses to close.

Read more ….

WNU Editor: Too early to say if the the above JP Morgan study is right. But current trend lines are disturbing …. non-Covid-19 deaths in the form of suicides, drug addiction, etc., are rising, brought about by the economic destruction that these lock-downs have imposed. And this is not only happening in the U.S.. I live in Montreal (Canada), and 82% of the Covid-19 deaths that have been registered in my city have come from long term care residences and private seniors residences (see here). And of the remaining 18%, a good part of that number are people with preexisting conditions. So did closing the entire city and destroying its economy help to keep the death rate low for everyone outside of these senior residences and homes? And will the social and health costs of losing one’s business or livelihood result in more deaths in the next year or two? That is a debate that many are starting to raise right now.

Update: Oh oh. Results from Europe are starting to come in, and they show that “the relative strictness of a country’s containment measures had little bearing” on the death rate …. The Results of Europe’s Lockdown Experiment Are In (Bloomberg).

Author: Anchorman

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *