* The U.S. death toll from coronavirus topped 100,000 on Wednesday
* It remains the highest death toll from the virus in the world
* As deaths hit 100,000, President Donald Trump was in Florida hoping to watch the first launch of NASA astronauts into orbit from the U.S. in nearly a decade
* It came after the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation revised its projected death toll downwards on Tuesday by 11,000
* The latest forecast predicts 131,967 people will die in the US by August 4
* It is down from the 143,357 fatalities projected in last week’s revision
* At least 100,047 Americans have so far died from coronavirus and there are currently over 1.6 million cases across the United States
* President Trump had previously said that keeping the death toll to 100,000 would be a sign that the administration had ‘done a very good job’
The U.S. death toll from coronavirus topped 100,000 on Wednesday, a startling milestone just four months after the country’s first case was confirmed.
It remains the highest death toll from the virus in the world and surpasses the U.S. military combat fatalities suffered in every conflict since the Korean War.
Johns Hopkins University said there were at least 100,047 American deaths from coronavirus as of Wednesday evening. The figure is more than double the deaths in any other country.
It is a figure that President Trump initially stated would never be hit as he claimed in February that the virus would go away itself as warmer weather began.
Read more ….
US death toll from coronavirus surges past 100,000 people — AP
U.S. coronavirus deaths top 100,000 as country reopens — Reuters
US Covid-19 death toll surpasses 100,000 mark — France 24
U.S. death toll from coronavirus tops 100,000 — CBS
U.S coronavirus deaths top 100,000 — NBC
US coronavirus death toll crosses 100,000 in harrowing milestone — FOX News
U.S. coronavirus death toll rises above 100,000 in world’s deadliest outbreak — CNBC
Coronavirus deaths in US top 100,000 — BBC
US passes 100,000 coronavirus deaths as states relax lockdown measures — The Guardian
US coronavirus death toll passes 100,000, with nearly 1.7 million cases — ABC News Online
US coronavirus death toll tops 100,000 as politics overshadows grief — RT