Daily Mail: Finally, The Donald dons a mask: Trump covers his face in public for the first time on visit to Walter Reed to visit troops after ‘pressure from aides amid surging COVID-19 cases nationwide’
* The president visited Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland on Saturday
* Trump was photographed at the medical facility wearing a face mask openly for the first time
* Aides ‘pleaded’ with president to be photographed in a mask, CNN reported, amid fears of COVID’s spread
* He has usually declined to do so, but on May 21 he wore a face mask in Michigan to visit a Ford factory
* Trump arrived at the medical facility at 5:24pm, saw patients, and took off for the White House at 6:25pm
Donald Trump has donned a face mask to visit recuperating military personnel at the Walter Reed military hospital, in a rare nod to the coronavirus pandemic.
The president has repeatedly shrugged off suggestions of wearing a mask, saying that it causes people to touch their face too much and so is not helpful.
Health experts agree that face masks are useful at stopping the spread of COVID-19.
People close to him have told The Associated Press that the president feared a mask would make him look weak and was concerned that it shifted focus to the public health crisis rather than the economic recovery.
As he left the White House on Saturday afternoon he told reporters: ‘When you’re in a hospital, especially, I think it’s expected to wear a mask.’
Trump told Fox News on Thursday that he would wear a face mask during the trip.
Read more ….
Trump wears mask in public for first time during pandemic — AP
Donald Trump wears mask in public for first time during Covid-19 pandemic — The Guardian
Donald Trump wears mask in public for first time during coronavirus pandemic — ABC News Online
Coronavirus: Donald Trump wears face mask for the first time — BBC
In a first, Trump dons masks in visit to a military medical facility — Reuters