Daily Mail: Thank you for flying SpaceX! NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken emerge from the Dragon Capsule after splashing down in the Gulf of Mexico at the end of historic two-month mission on the International Space Station – and the first NASA water landing since 1975
* Astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico Sunday at 2:48pm ET
* The NASA astronauts spent two months on the International Space Station conducting experiments
* They have emerged from the Dragon Capsule and will begin the journey home to their families
* SpaceX’s carrier the Crew Dragon successfully undocked from the International Space Station Saturday
* Behnken and Hurley began their journey back to Earth amid the threat of Hurricane Isaias
* The astronauts made history on May 30 when they became the first people to launch into low-Earth orbit on a commercial spacecraft that was built by SpaceX
* Their mission, named Demo-2, also marked the first time NASA launched astronauts from US soil in nine years
NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico aboard SpaceX’s Dragon capsule and have emerged from the cabin, stepping foot on Earth the first time in 63 days.
‘Welcome back to planet Earth and thanks for flying SpaceX,’ said Mission Control from SpaceX headquarters.
The spacefairing heroes will be flown in a helicopter to the Pensacola Naval Air Station, where they will be shuttled to Johnson Space Center in Houston – NASA’s official home base for astronauts.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: Impressive. We are entering a new phase in space exploration.
SpaceX capsule and NASA crew make 1st splashdown in 45 years — AP
NASA astronauts make historic return home aboard SpaceX capsule — Reuters
SpaceX Dragon astronauts safely back on Earth after Florida splashdown — ABC News
NASA astronauts splash down in SpaceX capsule as historic mission returns to Earth — FOX News
NASA-SpaceX mission: Astronauts splash down after historic mission — CNN