The memo was signed by all members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Daily Mail: Joint Chiefs send memo to all U.S. troops condemning MAGA riots as ‘sedition’ after arrest of current and retired officers – and spell out that they ONLY follow ‘lawful orders’ in fresh warning to Trump
* The military’s top leaders issued a written reminder to all service members Tuesday that the deadly insurrection at Capitol was a criminal act
* The memo signed by all members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff also reminded military members that Joe Biden was duly elected as the next president
* It comes after the arrest of current and retired officers among the rioters
* Among the known retired veterans who stormed the Capitol was Ashli Babbitt, a retired Air Force veteran, who was shot dead
* Retired Lt. Col Larry Rendall Brock Jr., 53, was slapped with federal charges after he was pictured carrying plastic handcuffs in the Capitol during the riot
* The Army is also investigating a psychological warfare officer Captain Emily Rainey for leading a group of people from North Carolina to the rally
The military’s top leaders issued a written reminder to all service members Tuesday that the deadly insurrection at the Capitol last week was an anti-democratic, criminal act, and that the right to free speech gives no-one the right to commit violence.
A memo signed by all members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff also reminded military members that Joe Biden was duly elected as the next president and will be sworn in to office on January 20.
The memo was unusual in that the military leadership, including Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, felt compelled to remind service members that it is wrong to disrupt the constitutional process.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: To issue such a rare memo tells me that the Pentagon leadership are concerned/worried that some in the military support what happened last week at the Capital Building, and that some may not support/recognize Joe Biden as President.
I know among my many friends who have served in the U.S. military, or who are currently serving …. no one supports the violence that occurred at the Capital Building last week.
All of them also know and recognize (albeit some reluctantly) that Joe Biden will be President on January 20.
But the Joint Chiefs are clearly worried. So am I missing something here?
More News On The Joint Chiefs Sending A Memo To All U.S. Troops Saying The Riots At The Capital Building Were An Act Of Sedition And Insurrection And That Joe Biden Is The Next President
Joint Chiefs Affirm Election Results, Condemn ‘Assault on Our Constitutional Process’ — Defense One Joint Chiefs of Staff call Capitol riot ‘sedition and insurrection,’ remind troops of oath — USA Today Military’s Top Officers Defy Trump, Supporters, Denounce Violence in New, Rare Statement — US News and World Report