Daily Mail: U.S. Space Command’s new $1billion HQ will be located in red state Alabama in 2023 after lobbying by Colorado, Florida, Texas, New Mexico and Nebraska
* A decision has been made to move Space Command from Colorado to Alabama
* The decision is provisional, depending on an environmental impact survey
* The survey will be completed in 2023; until then Space Command remains in CO
* Alabama politicians were celebrating the Trump-appointee’s decision
* Colorado officials said the move was political and would spark job losses
* Space Command, one of 11 military commands, is different from Space Force
* Space Force, one of six military branches, has its headquarters in the Pentagon
Alabama has been provisionally selected as the host of the new Space Command headquarters, disappointing five other states vying to house the military command, and delighting Donald Trump’s supporters in the strongly Republican state.
The new site will be in at the Huntsville, at the Redstone Arsenal – a Second World War-era site of 38,000 acres, which currently serves as the center for the U.S. Army’s missile and rocket programs.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: Not everyone is happy with this decision …. Colorado lawmakers blast Space Command decision, urge Biden to review (Politico). More here …. Mo Brooks says Biden, Dems could move Space Command out of Alabama (al.com).
More News On The U.S. Air Force Recommending Space Command’s HQ Be Located To Huntsville, Alabama
Space Command to be headquartered in Alabama, in ‘win’ for Trump allies in state — FOX News ‘Rocket City’ Picked as Home of New Space Command Headquarters — Military.com
Trump administration decides on Alabama as new home for Space Command — Washington Post
Air Force Recommends Space Command Move to Alabama — Defense One