Trust in traditional media hit an all-time low this year, with just 46% of Americans saying they trust traditional media
Daily Mail: American trust in the mainstream media hits an all-time low with just 18% of Republicans saying they believe journalists after the 2020 election
* New data from Edelman shows that American trust in media is at all-time low
* 56% believe that journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead
* 58% think news organizations are more interested in ideology than facts
* Only 18% of Republicans trust the media versus 57% of Democrats
* As a whole, 46% of Americans of all political stripes say they trust the media
* Media trust is at lows around the world indicating a global phenomenon
* Poll finds CEOs and business leaders are the most trusted figures in America
Trust in the media is at an all-time low, with less than half of all Americans and just 18 percent of Republicans saying they trust traditional media outlets.
The new data from Edelman’s 2021 Trust Barometer was shared with Axios, and found that trust in social media has also hit an all-time low of just 27 percent. ‘This is the era of in
Read more ….
Update: Media trust hits new low (Axios)
WNU Editor: This trend in not trusting the media is going to continue. I am surprised that 57% of Democrats still trust the news media.