CNN’s @FareedZakaria speaks with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and asks how she would grade President Biden’s first 100 days in office. “I give him an A, and I’m a hard grader.” pic.twitter.com/x0QkZB1nvv
— CNN (@CNN) May 2, 2021
* Hillary Clinton voiced her disapproval with the withdrawal publicly for the first time in an interview with CNN on Sunday
* Clinton said the US should be prepared for ‘two huge consequences’
* The first, she said, is a collapse of the Afghan government and Taliban takeover
* The second would be an outpouring of refugees should civil war break out
* Clinton’s comments came a day after the US formally launched its withdrawal of 2,500 troops and began handing control back to the Afghan government
* US soldiers on Saturday passed control of Camp Antonik to Afghan forces
* On Sunday the Afghan defense ministry said clashes between its troops and Taliban forces had claimed more than 100 lives in 24 hours
* Clinton and fellow former secretary of state Condoleezza Rice reportedly appeared before Congress on Friday to warn against the withdrawal
Hillary Clinton has warned the US will face ‘huge consequences’ from President Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan.
The former secretary of state voiced her disapproval publicly for the first time in an interview with CNN on Sunday as violence erupted immediately after the US formally launched its withdrawal of 2,500 troops and began handing control back to the Afghan government.
Asked by CNN’s Fareed Zakaria what she thought of the withdrawal decision, Clinton said: ‘Well, it’s been made. And I know it is a very difficult decision.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: She still gives President Biden an “A” grade for governing.