* Attorney Eric Nelson has filed a motion for a new trial alleging ‘jury misconduct’ just two weeks after Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd
* The filing also comes just one day after the revelation of a photo showing juror Brandon Mitchell at the March on Washington in August
* Nelson did not specifically mention the photo or juror among his list of grievances
* The attorney lambasted the ‘pervasive’ publicity around the case and claims the jury was exposed to ‘prejudicial publicity’ and ‘jury intimidation’
* Nelson also alleged that the court abused its discretion when it ‘failed to order Morries Hall to testify’
* Hall, 42, was in the car with George Floyd, 46, on the day of his death
Derek Chauvin’s attorney has filed a motion for a new trial on multiple grounds including ‘jury misconduct’ and abuse of discretion by the court, just two weeks after he was found guilty of murdering George Floyd.
Attorney Eric Nelson wrote that the court ‘deprived [Chauvin] of a fair trial’ in a motion filed in Hennepin County District Court in Minnesota, obtained by DailyMail.com.
‘The Court abused its discretion when it denied Defendant’s motion for a change of venue … in violation of Mr. Chauvin’s constitutional rights to a due process and a fair trial,’ Nelson wrote.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: In the above video civil rights attorney Channa Lloyd is trying to downplay the possibility of a new trial. I found her not convincing becuase she is ignoring what the law has to say about this.
In the video below Viva Frei (who is also a lawyer) explains what the law has to say about this, the legal consequences of this alleged jury misconduct, and what it may mean in the weeks ahead.
More News On Derek Chauvin’s Lawyer Files Motion Asking for New Trial
Derek Chauvin asks for new trial — The Hill
Derek Chauvin demands new trial in George Floyd case as juror defends going to rally — ABC News (Australia)