Stuart Scheller / via Facebook
Daily Mail: Lt Col Stuart Scheller will plead GUILTY to charges at court martial: Lawyer says the Marine should only be punished with a letter of reprimand after he criticized chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal
* Colonel Stuart Scheller Jr is expected to plead guilty to multiple charges on Thursday after criticizing the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan
* He chose to plead guilty to the following six charges: contempt toward officials, willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer, failure to obey lawful general orders and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman
* His lawyer Tim Parlatore said that he is working on an agreement to obtain Scheller an honorable discharge or a discharge with honorable conditions
* Scheller Jr had to spend a week in solitary confinement in the brig and will appear in court on Thursday at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina
* The trial comes after Scheller condemned the chaotic effort that killed 13 service members in Kabul, Afghanistan in a Facebook video in August
* Scheller Jr had submitted a request to resign but it has not been accepted
* His family appealed for the public’s help and he received $2million in donations to help with his defense
A Marine officer who publicly criticized the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan will plead guilty to multiple charges filed against him for his comments, his lawyer has said.
Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Scheller Jr took to Facebook in August after 13 service members were killed in a suicide bombing at Kabul airport to demand accountability from those occupying higher roles within the military branch.
Read more ….
More News On U.S. Lt. Col Stuart Scheller Will Plead Guilty To Charges At Court Martial For Criticizing Afghanistan Withdrawal