Daily Mail: Tory MP David Amess is murdered: Tragedy as married father-of-five, 69, is stabbed to death by knifeman who stormed into his constituency surgery in Southend Methodist church in front of horrified onlookers as armed police arrest suspect, 25, at scene
* Sir David, 69, had been holding a surgery for constituents when he was attacked by the knifeman at midday
* Horrified staff and Southend constituents saw stabbing happen as he was inside Belfairs Methodist Church
* Sir David was treated at the scene by paramedics for more than an hour but later died, Essex Police said
* Man, 25, was arrested at the scene and a knife was seized. The suspect is in custody and arrested over murder
* Married father-of-five voted against gay marriage and abortion. He’s survived by his wife Julia, his caseworker
Conservative MP Sir David Amess has been murdered today after being stabbed ‘multiple times’ by a 25-year-old killer who sprinted into a church and knifed him to death during his weekly constituency surgery.
The Tory MP for Southend West, 69, was meeting locals at the Belfairs Methodist Church, in Eastwood Road North, Leigh-on-Sea, when his attacker ran into the building wielding a knife before attacking the veteran politician at just after midday.
Paramedics worked to save the politician on the floor of a Essex church for more than an hour but he could not be saved after the appalling attack with chilling similarities to the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox, who was shot and stabbed multiple times outside her constituency surgery at a local library in Birstall, West Yorkshire, in June 2016 by a right-wing terrorist.
Read more ….
More News On The Murder Of U.K. Conservative MP David Amess