Daily Mail: Australia deploys troops to the Solomon Islands as disturbing scenes erupt with violent anti-China rioters BURNING DOWN a police station and threatening civil war over communist influences
* Scott Morrison announces Australian troops to deploy to the Solomon Islands
* Civil unrest has broken out in the capital amid a wave of anti-China protests
* Building have been torched, shops have been looted and mobs still ‘on the move’
* Back in 2003 Australia sent 2,200 troops to the South Pacific nation after riots
* The Regional Assistance Mission involving the AFP lasted until June 30, 2017
* Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare formally asked Australia for assistance
* He has long been considered a critic of Canberra and supporter of Beijing
Australia will send troops to the Solomon Islands as the South Pacific nation descends into chaos following anti-China riots.
The Australian National Security Committee held crisis talks on Thursday afternoon after Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare asked the Australian Government for assistance under the 2017 bilateral security agreement.
Scott Morrison announced 23 Australian Federal Police officers are already on their way to support ‘riot control’ with a further 50 to be deployed to protect ‘critical infrastructure’.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: A curfew has been announced …. Curfew in Solomon Islands as anti-government protests flare (Al Jazeera).
More News On Australia Sending Troops To Solomon Islands To Restore Order