* Dimon joked about how CCP and JPMorgan were both celebrating centenaries
* ‘I’d make a bet that we last longer,’ Dimon said during speech at Boston College
* King of Wall Street issued no less than two groveling apologies the following day
* ‘I regret and should not have made that comment,’ Dimon said in a statement
* Dimon’s swift apology underscores the power China holds over finance industry
JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon has issued two groveling apologies a day after saying his firm would outlast China’s Communist regime.
Speaking at Boston College on Tuesday, Dimon quipped: ‘I was just in Hong Kong and I made a joke that the Communist Party is celebrating its hundredth year. So is JP Morgan. I’d make a bet we last longer.’ ‘I can’t say that in China. They probably are listening anyway,’ the 65-year-old banker added.
Read more ….
Update #1: JP Morgan boss ‘regrets’ making joke about Chinese Communist party (The Guardian)
Update #2: Jamie Dimon says he regrets joking about the Chinese Communist Party (CNN)
WNU Editor: Beijing is happy with this public submission from the JPMorgan CEO …. Beijing Praises Jamie Dimon’s ‘Sincere’ Bootlicking Reversal As “Right Attitude” (Zero Hedge).